What is a fat grafting lumpectomy? Why would my surgeon suggest that I have one done? Well, even though your doctor will explain all of this to you in your consultation, you may still find yourself questioning the procedure. Below are some facts for you to become a little more knowledgeable on what it is and why it may be a good choice for you.
- A fat grafting lumpectomy is for anyone who may need breast reconstruction treatments.
- Fat grafting is an alternative to other options such as the TRAM Flap or DIEP Flap procedures.
- Fat is suctioned from one of several places of the body, usually the hips or abdomen and then injected into the areas of the breast that show defects.
- The injected fat is from your own body so there aren’t many risks associated with the procedure.
- Fat grafting provides long term results.
Having a fat grafting lumpectomy done by your Dallas breast implants surgeon may be the best choice for your situation. It is important to be aware of all aspects of the procedure before you go through with it. Your Dallas breast implants surgeon will be happy to answer any questions you may still have. Book an appointment for consultation by clicking here.