We provide post-operative and aftercare instructions to help you enjoy the very best results that will last as long as possible.
Post-Op Recommendations for Facial Surgeries
As Dr. Meade specializes in Facial Surgery, here are some of the most common recommendations offered to those patients:
- For any procedure that is above the clavicle (collar bone), please use a button-up type top or shirt. Using a pull-over top can rub, agitate, or even open a suture before it has a chance to fully heal.
- Eat well. A balanced diet, including fresh fruits and vegetables, will serve the whole body and the results of your procedure.
- Pay attention to your skincare regime, including the products you use and your overall exposure to the sun. Dr. Meade will recommend the best products for you from EpiCentre Skin Care.
- Large sunglasses might be a good option for those who have had eyelid surgery or a brow lift. The same could be said for a wide-brim and loose-fitting hat.
- If you smoke, you will need to quit for 4-6 weeks before and after surgery. Excessive alcohol can also negatively affect your recovery.